[ExI] italian politics as exi-chat subject

estropico estropico at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:53:51 UTC 2008

>  From: "spike" <spike66 at att.net>

>  I urge that all avoid using any
>  person's name as a subject line,

I think that was me - apologies if I've broke the list's rules, I
didn't mean to.

>  and of course always refrain from personal
>  attacks.

Mmmm... that's not as clear-cut. In my understanding, a personal
attack would involve talking about someone's family, sexual
orientation, the way they look, whether they are late on their
mortgage repayments, etc, i.e. subjects that have little to do with
what's being discussed  - I'll leave that to journalists should Vaj
run for Presidente ;-)

What we have been discussing, though, is whether Vaj's version of
transhumanism has, or hasn't, anything to do with neofascism. Vaj says
that it doesn't and that he has nothing to do with the far right, but
I'm far from convinced, given his writings. I have also come across
something that, in my view, shows pretty clearly what his political
leanings are, but the problem is that this very telling bit of
information is effectively hidden away (as the person in question
introduced himself as "Vaj" on this list, but the information is on
his real-name's website). That is why I felt that I had to bring up
the subject of Vaj's real identity.

So, the question now is: am I a whistle-blower or a troll?

Cheers,
Fabio