[ExI] Ideological Differences in Transhumanist Italy

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Mar 7 18:32:34 UTC 2008

Myself, I do happen to be something of an ideological partisan,
(I'm trying to get better :-)), but my real interest in following this
thread---to the meagre effort that I have been able to---is to
see a reflection in another country/culture of the same issues
that divide us here.

So as painful as it may be for Giulio and perhaps some others,
could they ingore the messages a bit longer, perhaps?

For example, Stephano (who I would have said is quite a right
winger---we may ideologically agree on quite a few things, he
and I) writes as follows:

Stephano writes

> On the other hand, I think that my contributions to this list can and
> should be judged based on what I say and do as a subscriber thereof,

Sure.

> which can be judged by anyone every day. I have myself for instance
> the sincerest doubts on the "compatibility" of what the extreme-right
> preacher self-baptised as Fabio Estropico...

This, for example, totally baffles me. In America, Stephano would be
considered "extreme-right wing".  So how can Fabio be also described
in these terms?  What would be utterly ideal would be a table the
rows of which would be issues, and the columns of which would be
Estropico, Stephano, and Fabio (or whoever).  Then I could see
who really was "right wing" (or "left wing" or "fascist")  and thus what
these terms mean in Italy and in the Italian Transhumanist movement.

I can't be the only one who sees potential value in our Italian friends
holding up a mirror for us in the west, but whose reflection perhaps
has much potential for helping us even understand ourselves.

Thanks,
Lee