[ExI] Ideological Differences in Transhumanist Italy

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 20:36:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Lee Corbin wrote:
<snip>
>  This, for example, totally baffles me. In America, Stephano would be
>  considered "extreme-right wing".  So how can Fabio be also described
>  in these terms?  What would be utterly ideal would be a table the
>  rows of which would be issues, and the columns of which would be
>  Estropico, Stephano, and Fabio (or whoever).  Then I could see
>  who really was "right wing" (or "left wing" or "fascist")  and thus what
>  these terms mean in Italy and in the Italian Transhumanist movement.
>
>  I can't be the only one who sees potential value in our Italian friends
>  holding up a mirror for us in the west, but whose reflection perhaps
>  has much potential for helping us even understand ourselves.

I doubt if our USA friends would find much value in the intricate
postmodern European political factions. Interesting? Possibly, like
poking a stick into an anthill and watching all the frantic scurrying
around.

 BRIAN:
    Are you the Judean People's Front?
REG:
    Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean
People's Front. Cawk.
REG:
    Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the
Romans are the fucking Judean People's Front.
JUDITH:
    Splitters.
FRANCIS:
    And the Judean Popular People's Front.
P.F.J.:
    Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
LORETTA:
    And the People's Front of Judea.
P.F.J.:
    Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
REG:
    What?
LORETTA:
    The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.
REG:
    We're the People's Front of Judea!
LORETTA:
    Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.
REG:
    People's Front! C-huh.
FRANCIS:
    Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?
REG:
    He's over there.
P.F.J.:
    Splitter!