[ExI] news: an incestuous couple with children

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:55:40 UTC 2008

On CNN they have a news clip about a German brother and sister who are
married to each other and have four children.  Two of their four children
were born with serious handicaps!  The husband has already spent several
years in prison due to the situation and is now facing even
more incarceration time.  German courts felt the key factor against them was
that the odds of birth defects are much higher with sibling marriages and so
it must not go unpunished.

I wondered why the incest taboo had not been present in their relationship
but it turns out they did not grow up together (I suspect they came from a
very troubled family background, which compounded the odds of all this
happening).  I suppose their marriage might have been legally acceptable if
they had both been surgically sterilized before their wedding day.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/03/13/pleitgen.incest.illegal.cnn

What would the ancient Egyptians say? lol  I admit to thinking back to the
past German obsession with eugenics laws as I saw the goofy looking German
genetics professor speak.

John Grigg