[ExI] Rhetoric is Prozelityzing

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sun Mar 16 22:42:27 UTC 2008

Olga: " And I am extremely uncomfortable with a candidate whose church
spews
such vile Anti-American hatred as Obama's does and then he expects us
believe that he did not know such sermons were being given.  This man
was
his personal friend if these are the things he is telling his
congregation
in public what is he telling his friend, possibly the future president
in
private?  That's just scary as fuck, I'm sorry!"
_________

Some rhetoric is a propaganda like prozelytizing by religious
adherents. They don't scare me but made me angry.

Olga: "Vile anti-American hatred?  I take it you haven't been in a
"black"
inner-city church service lately or are not familiar with them in the
least?
Inflammatory thetoric in those kind of churches is prevalent, part of
the
show.  However, while they may exagerrate for effect sometimes, the
rhetoric
isn't always wrong."
_____________

My anger turned into pity for those members of their congregation as
well as to the ministers whose intent is obviously to influence the
minds to believe what they believe that peace can be realized by
singing and dancing in church.
Such loud rhetoric is a cry for attention or a need to be relieved of
suffering. They cannot understand that their ignorance is the cause of
their suffering.

Olga:."Martin Luther King preached this in a sermon (about the Vietnam
war) in
1967" : "Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as His
divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world.
God has
a way of standing before the nations with judgment and it seems that I
can
hear God saying to America: 'You are too arrogant! If you don't change
your
ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power."