[ExI] Feel Safer Now?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 02:04:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 5:11 PM, Gary Miller <aiguy at comcast.net> wrote:
>  People are shot all the time because the police can't be expected to
>  distinguish between a toy gun and a real one.

I also expect them to be able to distinguish between a terrorist and
whatever the bias of the week might be.

>  If I was to walk through an airport carrying a toy gun in my hand I'd be
>  tackled or shot before I ever made it to the gate and rightfully so.

Do you also expect to be gunned down because you happen to have a
square bottle of Fiji water in your hand, when the police on have
experience with cylindrical water bottles?  Or are you going to tell
me that you're not allowed to carry liquids through an airport, and
that infraction of rules warrants being murdered via misunderstanding?

>  And I'd like to think that if and when the airlines bans Rolaids as a
>  potentially dangerous item I will be intelligent enough to leave them at
>  home.  And if I try to smuggle them on the flight anyway just to get my name
>  in the paper or make a point then go ahead and "take that head shot". I'd
>  deserve it just for being so stupid.

If we're going to start shooting people for being stupid then just
admit you've got a plan to significantly reduce the human population.
I hate to admit it, but I am enough of a realist to look around.