[ExI] highly profitable sexual practices was RE: Feel Safer Now?

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Mar 17 03:51:38 UTC 2008

> Gary Miller

> ...And then there's the people who try to
> get their king size sex toys through the metal detectors and
> die of embarrassment.

Hmm, Gary I think you meant queen sized.  But speaking of sex toys, I had a
comment about the New York politician who was caught with the high priced
harlot.  Back a few years ago, I made note of a Hollywood product called
"Titanic."  Historical fiction about the ill fated ship of the same name of
course, but there was a sub plot that really caught my attention.  The evil
controlling mother forbade the heroine daughter from smoking, although she
herself smoked.  Same with evil controlling boyfriend.  So the plucky girl
smoked anyway, and in the movie, broke free of their evil influence, smoked,
lived long and prospered.  My notion at the time was that the movie would
inspire countless teenage girls to smoke.  Some would suffer lung cancer and
emphysema as a result.  Therefore the movie may have (indirectly) slain more
than the ship.

This New York politician whose name I have already forgotten, called
attention to something of which I was not aware and would not have believed
in my wildest imagination: that some harlots get thousands of dollars for
their services.  Before I heard that, I would have assumed the desperate
junkie truckstop whores get about twenty or thirty dollars, the premium
variety maybe a hundred and those who make housecalls or perform dangerous
or specialty tasks, perhaps two hundred to three hundred dollars.

Suddenly I am smacked with the revelation that some can get *thousands* of
dollars (THOUSANDS!)  Well now.  Even *I* am rethinking my own career
options.  (Then of course I realize that I could not even give it away.)
But the New York politician has called attention to and glamourized a
dangerous old profession that will likely get a wave of new applicants, now
that they realize that they might become millionaires in a week, should hook
up with the right customer.  The harlot sold a million dollars worth of
downloads of her singing, and landed a big contract with one of the major
porno channels.  Rags to riches, overnight.

We saw the photo of the woman, who was better than average looking I will
grant, but I saw nothing there that would justify the premium price.  Surely
many attractive young women (who may already do dangerous sexual practices,
just for fun) will now decide they can take on this trollop one on one in a
beauty or sex contest.  They may take a hard look at their present career
path, perhaps slaving away at a hopeless nine to five in a cubicle, needing
a YEAR to save the amount this other woman earned in an hour.

Harlotry brings its practitioners into contact with the unsavory crowd, bad
influences and dangerous lifestyles, beatings, risk of disease and
addiction, etc.  I predict lives will be shortened or lost.  If I were to
make a rough order of magnitude estimate, it would be about a thousand lives
a year lost, from the New York governor's actions calling attention to the
fact that some harlots get thousands an hour.

Ironically, the publicity may create a huge new supply, bringing down the
price sharply for premium harlots.  Could this be the end of extreme high
cost prostitution?

Perhaps I was just three sigma naïve (entirely possible.)  How many ExI-chat
readers were aware before last week that harlotry could be this lucrative?