[ExI] highly profitable sexual practices

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Tue Mar 18 03:53:47 UTC 2008

From: "Aleksei Riikonen" <aleksei at iki.fi>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 4:41 AM

> Consider the high prices of some designer clothing and such. People
being willing to pay those prices has nothing to do with the
"objective quality" of the product. ("Objective quality" meaning, that
if you gave the most expensive handbags or whatever to someone who
didn't know they were that expensive, that person would be unable to
distinguish a difference in quality between the very expensive product
and some other, more reasonably priced products.)

What Aleksei wrote above made me think of the following (I am no wine
connoisseur, so cannot weigh in ...).

Of course, there were only 20 subjects, perhaps with little wine knowledge,
yet this article ...:

seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/347350_wine15.html

... reminded me of this one I had read years ago:

www.seattleweekly.com/news/0208/news-downey.php

Don't you just love?: and la merde promptly hit le ventilateur.