[ExI] Highly Profitable Sexual Practices

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Wed Mar 19 17:09:10 UTC 2008

"Olga wrote:
Don't forget that even these days ... there are still far too many
women who
marry for money (whether they like to acknowledge this to themselves or
not).  Don't get me started on this subject :).

Harlotry has *nothing* on many bona-fide wifeys.

Me aka Terry:Do you mean bona-fide partners do not get any material
benefits? Maybe some but emotional support counts a lot to a happy
marriage. Statistics may vary from culture to culture and from time to
time. I'd not generalize what I experienced to be the same for
everyone. Humans are still narcissitic by nature and would seek sexual
partners that they think will make them satisfied/happy or the envy of
others perceived as competitors for the affection and our society
reinforces this competition not unlike the behavior of our cousins {the
apes} except humans have developed some inhibitory behavior like shame
and guilt.
_{Terry {a mom of two adult kids}_________________

John Grigg: "I'm impressed and suprised that a women today would still
acknowledge this
fact (I used to date a woman who fiercely argued that this was no longer
true).  I'd be very interested to get you started on this topic!  : )
The
whole concept of "social currency" in mate selection totally fascinates
me.    I think a male with lots of resources/money can be very tempting
marriage material even when the woman in her heart of hearts knows she
is
not in love with him.  But then we could get into a discussion of what
love/falling in love truly is and what causes it.  I find it
interesting how
reaching the "falling in love" critical mass can be very similar and yet
different for every person."
John Grigg

Me: Hormones cause the behavior of why teenagers fall in love.
Testosterone level rise in males during the sexual development and in
females the estrogen hormone starts about the age of puberty for both
sexes. Nature of which we are a part gave us genes to preserve the
species.

Terry