[ExI] Another psychological decoherence/stress

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 16:49:08 UTC 2008

The Dalai Lama was quoted as saying that words like theist or atheist
does not matter. What matter is sincerety, forgiveness and compassion."

  I agree with the Dalai Lama in that theist and atheist or whatever are
only words. But how do you know who is sincere and compassionate? The
Dalai Lama maybe sincere in forgiving the Chinese but how does he show
sincerety by stepping down from his position as leader of the Tibetan
people?

In the news today, he is quoted as saying that he would step down to
stop the violence in Llhasa where Tibetan monks are rebelling against
the Chinese rule. The Chinese leaders claimed the Tibetans who want
independence from China are causing the rebellion to get the world's
attention so as to boycott the coming Olympics to be held in China.

The question is why would HHDL thinks his stepping down as a leader
would stop the rebellion when he only represent a subset of Buddhist
schools among many in Tibet? The rest of the schools look up to him as
a symbol of peace having won the Nobel Peace Price sometime in
mid-eighties. My guess is he has to live up to the title, if so then
there is no sincerety in his forgiveness and compassion.

A lie is a lie whether white or gray or whatever hue in between.
Terry

Terry