[ExI] Armchair Evolutionary psychology

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Mar 18 23:21:55 UTC 2008

Sorry---this post isn't really about Armchair EP.  I'm mad
and I'm just firing this off.

Terry writes, literally as follows:

> ""> If people had complete knowledge of themselves at the genetic
>> level, I am certain that practically everyone would belong and
> identify
>> with one genetic minority group or another, irrespective of the
>> biological fallacy known as "race".
>
> This is an important point. Many people today ignorantly assume
> that there is some racial difference between two of the remaining
> Democratic Party candidates running for president here in the U.S....

And you know, I could have sworn that it was I who wrote
that post!

There was no attribution at the top of the post whatsoever.
Terry just read the email, clicked on reply, and began pecking
away, and then clicked on send.  (Well, I now see that he
did at least snip quite a bit of what the Avantguardian and I
had to say.  It could have been far worse.)

Just what do people think by taking so little effort on their
posts and breaking so many conventions?   Do they really
believe that anyone is going to keep on reading them?  Sorry,
but I've had to give up on Terry's posts the last week or
so, for this and other reasons.  What happened to the Terry
who was on this list several years ago and had a lot of good
stuff?

Lee

P.S.  Here is the rest of his post, mainly so that you can see
that fortunately my name did appear at the end of *my*
spiel, before I quite got angry and started to protest the
plagiarism  :-)

[Lee wrote, continuing from the above]
> Time and time I hear one of them being regarded as "black", as
> though he were of a different "race", or were partly of a different
> "race". You would not believe how widespread this fallacy is here.
>
> It gets worse. Much worse. The New England Journal of Medicine
> actually reported an investigation of differences in the effectiveness
> of two types of hypertension medication in the so-called "black"
> people and the so-called "white" people here in the U.S. You won't
> believe this, but they even went on---surely in the full knowledge
> that race is a biological fallacy (they're surely not that un-read)
> ---to allude to a so-called "fact" that the so-called "black" people
> are more likely than the so-called "white" people to have nitric-
> oxide insufficiency. (Can you believe it??)
>
> Which of course is flat-out impossible, since race doesn't exist.
>
> Lee

[Terry wrote]