[ExI] Cryogenics Faith or a Belief? {Terry}

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 14:44:21 UTC 2008

First let me suggest a review of a book related to the issue of skin
color:
"Human Primates

The Third Chimpanzee, by Dr. Jared Diamond
        [Among the top 10 books I've ever read]

This is Dr. Diamond's attempt to explain to his two boys how humans and
chimps can be so different when the DNA is not (98.4% identical).  The
second half of his book gets pretty technical and you'd have to really
be curious to make it through -- but it is worth it.  He hints that
Mediterranean climate is why European-type primates have historically
dominated so much of the globe, without being really any different that
any of the other human primates.  This important theme, which makes
skin color look ridiculous as a way of judging another person, is
explained in his Guns, Germs and Steel.  Reading Third Chimpanzee,
you'll feel like you're in college -- that's a warning, or a
recommendation, depending on how you look at it, but it  maybe one of
the best courses you ever took! "
____________________

Majority of beliefs on superiority of one race over another cause
conflicts due to ignorance or innate tendency to survive in the
changing environment. Some sociologists fear that global warming is one
of the factors why immigration to European countries are on the rise.
The changes in climate that cause drought cause the migration of
primates from one place to another to look for food. In turn these
events cause the domino effect leading to the present conflict/ wars
between the affluent and less affluent nations.
The mixture of race and skin color pales in comparison to a much larger
conflict that can lead to the extinction of the human race. The
probability of this happening is high and imho cryogenics is a belief
akin to a religious belief if we cling to it as the only solution to
the preservation of the human race.

Technologists who focus on creating the process of cryogenics may
overlook what is needed right here and now. We explored the cosmos but
we have'nt controlled the weather. We barely touch the tip of the ice
berg so to speak when it comes to understanding the processes of nature
such as:

1. Consciousness
2. Mutating virus causing epidemics
3. Emotional vs. Rational behavior