[ExI] are we not just one race, the human race?

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Mar 22 14:21:44 UTC 2008

Natasha:
>> Can you please provide examples of what attitudes you are referring
>>  to which is fueling your gas?
>>
>>  I meet humans on a daily basis who want me to conform to their
>>  wet-wiring; but it is more openly religious and/or political than
>>  veiled by compassion.

Stathis:

> I think Anne is talking about society's attitude towards people with
> autism. For example, see this article:
>
> http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/magazine/16-03/ff_autism

Not just autism, IMHO.  Any  "difference" might be declared an "disorder" or
"syndrome" and be "fixed" somehow. F'rinstance, melancholy people could receive
antidepressants so they'll be all "happy" and "smiling" like everybody else. Bummer,
I say. There are differences and they often make the world an interesting place. Not
everyone is Extroverted Social Togetherness Party types.

Sorry for all the scare quotes.... they're sarcastic-voice indicators.

Regards,
MB