[ExI] Gigideath was aboriginal humans

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 22:14:47 UTC 2008

--- hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> As some of you know, I have been working on a pre singularity
> solution to the energy problems (power sats).  Unfortunately, my
> efforts are not likely to accomplish much.

Is there is some reason other than fear-based politics that we cannot
further increase our reliance on nuclear energy until we can get power
sats online? If I remember your detailed series of posts on the topics,
the largest piece of unobtainium that made your proposal impractical
was the space elevator, the design of which took up the majority of
your description. Can you give some details regarding the actual power
sats themselves. More specifically things like mass, materials, costs,
number, etc.

If you make these power sats contigent on a space elevator, then we
probably are screwed. But if we can at least some power sats into
orbit, it may help us bootstrap a space elevator later.

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"Life is the sum of all your choices."
Albert Camus