[ExI] What Monitors the Singularity?

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 14:38:38 UTC 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong ,according to the Institute of Artificial
Intelligence, superintelligence is a self-monitoring device. Evolution
is too slow at the rate it takes for human intelligence to evolve from
the apes to where it is now.

So with the aid of nanotechnology we can speed up the growth of human
intelligence. Agreed.
All of us have a potential to grow/start a singularity. Those who fear
the future or cling to the past suppress/inhibit their potentiality.
Their pattern of thinking is based on genetic predisposition towards
self preservation of the species.

A superintelligence can predict the future to the effect of overcoming
the genetic legacy by starting now.

1.Practice awareness of the changing nature of genes and culture/memes.

2. Integration of scientific and technological advances.

3. Both of the above

Terry