[ExI] Gigideath was aboriginal humans

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:53:02 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:
>  If we can set up a 600,000 ton per year pipeline into space with
>  rockets or laser launchers, that's probably the way to go.  You have
>  to dedicate the first 15-20 power sats to powering the lasers or
>  making rocket fuel, but after they are in place, the project is a net
>  generator of energy at a high enough rate to replace coal and oil.
>
>  If you wonder why an old L5 guy does not promote extra terrestrial
>  materials, it's because of time.  The singularity will come before
>  space industry to process them can be set up.

While I think power sats are a crucial tech, I would not so quick to
discard earth-based nuclear fusion...

All in all, the real point is however the following: basically there
are just two resources to speak of: information and energy. Give me
enough of both, cheap enough, and the rest comes as a byproduct.

Stefano Vaj