[ExI] Gigideath was aboriginal humans

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 18:04:03 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

>  While I think power sats are a crucial tech, I would not so quick to
>  discard earth-based nuclear fusion...

It's not a matter of discarding it, it's the second best power source
besides power sats.

But it's incredibly dangerous.  Not just because of such things as
there being no way to get rid of he waste, come cell repair machines
who will care?  The problem is any neutron source can be diverted into
making extremely high grade plutonium.  With much of that floating
around homemade city busting nukes become something a well funded
street gang can make.

>  All in all, the real point is however the following: basically there
>  are just two resources to speak of: information and energy. Give me
>  enough of both, cheap enough, and the rest comes as a byproduct.

You need materials, but given lots of energy you can almost get by on dirt.

Keith