[ExI] Practicing the Brain muscle

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 15:02:18 UTC 2008

If I may quote:
""The pleasure and joy that arise in dependence on the eye: this is the
gratification in the eye. That the eye is impermanent, suffering, and
subject to change: this is the danger in the eye. The removal and
abandonment of desire and lust from the eye: this is the escape from
the eye."

-Buddha, "The Connected Discourses of the Buddha"
__________

Hi, not to proselitize or inject guilt but just practicing this brain
muscle on critical thinking about the above quote.
In other words see no harm/evil, hear no evil/harmful thoughts, speak
no evil and there is no evil intent if I may add.

We listen to our thoughts but don't think thoughts are realization of
evil or good. Desires are natural genetic tendencies of primates who
have brain. The problem arise when we are attached to primitive
behaviors.

What are primitive behavior? The song advertised on TV says : "I want
it all, I want it now."

Modification of primitive behavior as in cognitive therapy sometimes
work on brains that are developing slowly.
Instant gratification is the objective of some who are attached to
primitive behavior without practicing awareness to create extropy and
avoid entropy.

Just practicing the brain :-P
Terry