[ExI] Blackford and Egan on >H

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri May 2 13:43:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Kaj Sotala <xuenay at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Espousal of such terms
>  can seem to be a way of characterizing (and often embracing) a
>  movement or quasi-religion which promotes, encourages, and indeed has
>  as its objective the creation of a new species of 'transhumans'. This
>  idea has, I believe, no special merit aside from the ways in which the
>  changes that (might) lead to the creation of a new species are
>  justified and indeed mandated by the good that they will do for us and
>  our successors.

... which shows how much no-less quasi-religious but boring and
petit-bourgeois utilitarian-only ethics and agendas have permeated the
Western way of thinking. :-)

Nietzsche and Marinetti and perhaps Huxley would have provocatively
argued that the idea of the good that the changes will do for us and
our successors has no special merit aside from the ways in which such
good might lead to the creation of something "greater" than us. :-)))

Stefano Vaj