[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Sun May 4 00:35:17 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 5/2/08, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

> I sincerely apologize for what I wrote to you very
> late last night. I do understand that you are a very
> nice, well-meaning individual who just wants to
> express her ideas on all the usual topics we discuss
> here just like everyone else.

> (I also understand that sometimes you don't
> distinguish between attacks upon your ideas from
> attacks against you personally. There is indeed a
> certain logic to that, which I'll say more about
> sometime later.)

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the apology although it wasn't needed. If I post it's usually due to an emotional response that is triggered within me.  I know the  logic can get lost.  If I had stated my emotional response properly then you wouldn't have needed to apology.
Anyway, after thinking about it I discovered what caused such an emotional reaction to certain posts.  I have some questions:

1) Psychologically to you believe that these girls are ready to have children at 13-14 years old?

2) Have you ever been surrounded by 13-14 year old girls on a regular basis (Of course I mean regarding teaching, non-profit work, etc..)?

3) I have some knowledge of Canadian and American mentality when it comes to teen girl adolescence and I do agree that there is a fine line between child and young woman.  What I have a problem with is the manipulation that allows these older men to take advantage of the situation.  What if a young girl growing up in that environment doesn't want to?  The programming is there yet they just don't want to.  Do you think they can just up and leave?  It is the same circumstance as a 13 year old boy that has to grow up with an alcoholic parent  What if removed from that environment what makes you so sure that the child wouldn't flourish?

4) I know many women in there 30's that are currently having children.  Shouldn't a girl have a choice when she chooses to want to pro-create?  The option should be there.  By installing these pre-conceived notions how does this better society?  What can a 13-14 year old girl teach a child?  Doesn't this just lead to children having children?

5) I've known many women in there 20's and 30's that have reported just knowing when they where ready to have children (as well as hearing about the sexual peek of the 30's..lol). I have never heard a 13-14 year old tell me she was ready to be a mother.  Don't you think there is some kind of logic behind that?

I figure I might as well ask questions as I don't seem very good at responding:)  Thanks for taking the time Lee.

Anna