[ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation...

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun May 4 12:57:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:
>  ### Well, yeah, that's the point: by the general notion of
>  reciprocity, you may not answer "soft abuse" (= preaching bullshit)
>  with hard abuse, i.e. men with bullets. Are you getting the point? The
>  end does not justify the means. You absolutely must limit yourself to
>  non-violent means if you are dealing with non-violent people, even if
>  it sticks in your craw edgewise.

It is interesting to watch the contortions that Rafal's theorising
goes through. His love affair with logical analysis overwhelms all the
practical problems of humans living together.

He has logically worked himself into the position of defending an
organisation that totally denies the freedom and liberty that he
claims to support. Libertarianism has absolutely no place in the FLDS
structure, but Rafal defends it.

Now he is saying that 'mental cruelty' doesn't exist. People fight
with the weapons they have available. Some use guns, some use
machetes, some use charisma and a bullying nature, some use intellect
and a sharp mind to outwit and dominate others. There is absolutely no
rule that says if an attacker uses a club, you are only allowed to use
a similar weight and size club in response.

>  And, BTW, hundreds of innocent women and children have just lost their
>  families because of people like you, enthusiastically supporting your
>  local SWAT team. Aren't you worried that *your* iron grip (and I mean
>  it literally - as in manacles, prison bars, youth detention) will hurt
>  them?

Now Rafal is defending slavery!  All these slaves are well looked
after by their owners, so it would really upset them to be forcibly
given their freedom. Rafal just argued that the War of Independence
was all wrong and should never have been allowed. What planet is he
from?  ;)

Nobody said freedom was easy, Rafal. You of all people should know that!

Rafal's major weak point is his determination not to defend the weaker
members of society. He is in the fortunate position of being
intelligent, well-educated and aggressive. Many people in our society
are the opposite. If the weaker members of society are only regarded
as prey it is appallingly uncivilised behaviour. And if we aspire to
being a civilised society then we have to put a stop to those who
would prey on the disadvantaged.

BillK