[ExI] What is the Right Reproductive Age?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun May 4 18:24:21 UTC 2008

At 05:11 AM 5/4/2008, you wrote:
>At 04:22 PM 5/3/2008, Lee wrote:
> >Kevin wrote (Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 3:00 PM
> >Subject: Re: [ExI] flds raid, was general repudiation)
> >
> > > I just wanted to point out that the quality and quantity
> > > of eggs only benefits the baby from an evolutionary
> > > perspective. Once that baby is born it doesn't matter
> > > if the mother lives 15 or 50 years. There can still be
> > > health concerns when a very [*very*] young girl has
> > > a baby at such a young age. For example, often the
> > > hips have not widened to a point where the baby can
> > > be passed easily which increases complications.
> > > Various sources put the ideal age from a biological
> > > standpoint ranges between 13 and 17.
>
>Not necessarily.
>
> >Yes. That's when girls should be having children.
>
>"[S]hould"?  Come on.
>
>It is always difficult for me to read this posts concerning women's
>periods, sexual pleasures, fertility, pregnancy, birthing, and
>menopause when written in a matter-of-fact tone by anyone who has not
>had the experience.

Sorry didn't mean to come down so hard.  But there is no appropriate
or right age for producing a child.  Let me explain why:  the body
does not always follow the sentiment of one's psychology.  And just
because eggs are fresh does not mean that they are
healthy.   Biology, as we are all fully aware, does not keep up with
the times and lags far behind what many women today realize as their
preferred future(s).

Susan, Julie or Jerry can have their own right productive age(s), but
my right/ripe productive age has come and gone several times over the
decades, as life's preferences change and travels around the curves
of highs and lows.

One day  women will not have to undergo the stern/rigid historical
plan and opt to have children at anytime, anywhere because they/we
want to invest in developing life, intelligence, and the expression
of joy/love.  It is a fairly sure bet that the stigma of reproduction
outside the social norm of reproduction will change as mosaic births
come about and the favored  couple-parenting  falls out of favor if
children of one parent or several parents grow up to be healthy, kind
and generous people.

The size of a woman's hips will an obscure, fuzzy notion of the past.

best wishes,
Natasha