[ExI] SOCIAL: Self-direction in Hungary

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon May 19 09:48:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 9:00 AM, M1N3R wrote:
<snip>
> What I think is this: to make the movement successful, to ensure a good
> democracy, to ensure that people are able to build on their innate abilities
> and practice self-direction, there is a great need for 'spreading the word'
> (in Hungary). And that is not equals forcing it on people. Like I haven't
> been aware of you until a bit more than two months. I'm so convinced that I
> could find a lot of people, who, after their eye was opened, could make a
> valuable addition to the list. I just don't know how to do that.

According to your IP address, you are in Budaörs, a small town in Hungary.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buda%C3%B6rs>

The wikipedia article hints at the disturbed history of Hungary.
Even now there are many German and Croat speakers in Budaörs

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary>
Hungary is a strange nation.
The language is 'impossible' with no European relatives.
But they have produced many famous scientists.

One famous Hungarian scientist once commented that he did indeed
believe that there were aliens living among us. They were called
Hungarians.

István Szabó (1938-), the Oscar winner Hungarian director, recently
made a film for the BBC about the capital city of Hungary. - I called
this film "Staying Afloat" because to me Budapest is like a boat
trying not to capsize as it is buffeted by waves from all directions.
We've been lashed by history and we mustn't let it suck us under. The
very air of Budapest exudes this daily struggle for survival, this
feeling that we're clinging to the rails; this is why I love my city.

BillK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungary