[ExI] Prudes, Protestants, Progress, and Profit

M1N3R m1n3r2 at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 16:48:19 UTC 2008

From: "MB" <mbb386 at main.nc.us>
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:49 PM

> IIRC both my children also had to read this book for school - so it has
> not
> completely fallen out of favor. ;)

When it is compulsory to read something the true value is missed out, I
think (had my own experience with Hungarian stuff :D). Besides, I read the
book at the age of 17. And certainly in an age where I began to 'think out
of the box'. I'd say this book and Animal Farm got me started... These two
are among the basics for over-system global thinking, which is sometimes
what I/we need (not every single day but often enough). By the way, who has
seen the film?

Thomas