[ExI] Liberal Daughter

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:39:57 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:
> The peculiar absurdity in Frank McElligott's denunciation of Obama is that
> the current inconceivably vast transfer of tax-gouged money to massively
> fucked up corporations in order that they can continue to fuck things up is
> the very contrary of "liberal" in any sense of that word: technically, it
> looks to me like corporate fascism on the Mussolini model.

I note that after the millionaire bankers have been bailed out by the
government, (so they can carry on in the style to which they have
become accustomed), the next in line are the car manufacturers.

GM wants a huge handout and VW are asking the European Central Bank
for a big handout. So, effectively our governments are now buying up
all the cars that no one wants.

Where will it end?  How about buying up all the houses that no one
wants, to save the builders from their just deserts?  Will the
government buy all the Circuit City goods to stop them closing?

Does this 'free market' trick only work when the boom cycle is in
progress and everyone is winning?

BillK