[ExI] Liberal Daughter

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:42:49 UTC 2008

2008/11/12 Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com>:

> I am frankly sick and tired of this whole irrational and offensive barrage
> of conservatives and how they depict liberals. The thing is, US liberals
> are by any standard *far* to the right of most political parties in western
> europe. By comparison if the right wing of the US slanders their left
> wing (who we in europe regard as equivalent to our furthest right on the
> political spectrum) just HOW can we ever in Europe hope to trust US
> republicans? You'd be regarded as absolutely monstrous over here.
>
> So what you told me, is nothing. you only succeeded in completely
> alienating me. Your rhetoric gives me reason to actively vote for parties
> that break ties with the US and disband NATO.

The US is the odd one out in comparison with other industrialised
countries in several respects: eg. generally further to the right,
more religiose, a widespread acceptance of capital punishment. Why
should the apparently heterogeneous countries of Europe, Australasia
and North America be part of a broad consensus on these matters which
the US doesn't share?

--
Stathis Papaioannou