[ExI] Liberal Daughter

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 23:28:50 UTC 2008

--- On Tue, 11/11/08, Frank McElligott <frankmac at ripco.com> wrote:

> My daughter worked as a Para legal for a liberal,  a very
> liberal law firm in Chicago while the president elect was a
> working the Southside as a Community Organizer.
>
> He spent many hours in that law office while seeking monies
> for the people he represented. The man is not just a
> liberal, he is a  VERY LIBERAL, and will take this country
> in that direction.

Conservative and liberal are labels that don't mean much when the chips are down, Frank. A sitting president that was the darling of "conservatives' a mere 4 years ago created more and bigger government than any president since FDR, circumventing our civil rights in the process.

Whatever the supposed ideals of democrats and republicans used to be, these days, they are little more than rhetoric that gets trotted out during election years, once the blaming starts. Politics is all about compromise and plausible deniability nowadays. So long as there are two parties that can blame one another for bad consequences to executive decisions, nobody need be held personally accountable.

Gone from government is any sense of stewardship, noblesse oblige, or any sense of responsibility for the power a politican assumes upon being elected to high office. McCain lost because his puppet strings were showing but to his own credit, he seemed discomfited wearing them during his campaign.

> Also, the speaker of the house in the state of Illinois, is
> quote at cocktail parties,  stating that the president elect
> was the most IN-effectual lawmaker he ever saw coming out
> of the city of Chicago in the last 30 years.
>
> By the by, daughter is liberal, but she voted for McCain,
> hope that tells you something.

Yes, she doesn't understand Newton's First Law of Motion, paraphrased thus: An object headed toward ruin tends to continue doing so unless an external force is applied to it. Obama clearly has the mandate of the people to steer our nation, and my guess is that he will swerve to the left of disaster. Just hope it is not too late.

Stuart LaForge

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun Tzu