[ExI] who attack who

Aleksei Riikonen aleksei at iki.fi
Tue Nov 11 21:42:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did anybody really believed in the States that the war had been
> anything else than an attempted genocide from the Georgian side? :-/

Well I hope so, since the situation certainly was more complex than that.

I don't mean to deny that Georgia fired first, but as far as I'm
aware, the Russians rather actively and intelligently manipulated
president Saakashvili into making this mistake, as a goal which they
saw would be good for their interests in the area.

By this I don't mean that the Russians would be more to blame for what
happened. Just that all the blame isn't on Georgia.

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei