[ExI] Online social groups.

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 05:09:24 UTC 2008

John,

Yea, wouldn't you like to have a concise and quantitative sumary of what
all finally resulting positions of all participants, in all
conversations on all the best topics were for the last 15+ years.  Good
luck with mining for that information even if you do get good access to
all the archives.

All I can say to this Shirky article us duu.  As he said, many people
have understood these issues for decades.

And the fact that he is so anti scale, as in:

 > You have to find some way to protect your own users from scale.

is just BS, if you ask me.  He's only saying this because he hasn't YET
seen a system that allows every member of huge groups (millions+) to
effectively communicate to each individual.  This is the problem that is
still killing the entire internet, and indeed all of society.  And his
faithless views of inability to have powerful reputations, based on such
effective means of communications from huge groups to individuals is
another still primitive failing of his thinking.

The exponentially growing community of researchers working on the study
of the mind is the quintessential problematic community.  Everyone,
despite their increasing intelligence, very childishly, never making
progress on issues that have been arround forever, loudly in ever more
complex ways, repeating yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is assertions
forever.  Chalmers bibliography has surpassed the 18000+ publications on
consciousness and the growth of all this piled higher and deeper crap is
accelerating.  No one is reading much of any of it, and everyong is
pilling it on higher and deeper.  And now that everyone can create a
blog, and the poor attempt at consciousness communities, only makes
things infinitely worse and more repetitive and childish.

http://canonizer.com, in addition to naturally addressing all these
issues Shirky mentions, easily scales to any size.  Finally allowing
huge groups to communicate to each individual in custom selected
prioritized ways the reader selects.

In a year or so, we are going to finally know concisely and
quantitatively what the most well accepted theories of consciousness are
both according to the general population, and also according to a
quantitatively measured group of 'Mind Experts' (and many other
canonizable ways).  See http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/81, and
http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/23 to see the seeds of this accelerating
process.)  And it is my bet that finally knowing this kind of stuff will
rock the world.

But of course, non of you believe any of this yet do you?

What is it that you believe?
Everyone wants to know.
http://canonizer.com

Brent Allsop