[ExI] A paper that actually does solve the problem of consciousness

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 02:18:28 UTC 2008

gts, there are many ways we will know with surety.

First, whatever it is we discover that has this red phenomenal property,
the theory predicts, will reliably always produce the same sensation no
matter what mind it is in, no matter where in the visual field it is, no
matter when...

This will get us close enough to be sure for all practical purposes, but
there still could be some possible doubt in there some where.  But
eventually, our mind merging technology will become so complete and
expansive that our spirits will be able share phenomenal mind spaces
(spirit worlds, if you will).  Multiple spirits (as defined in the
representational camp) will be able to experience the same sensations in
the same unified spiritual phenomenal space - just as the corpus colusum
now unifies the two separate spirit worlds (one representing the left
field of vision, the other the right) in one brain. You know with
absolute surety that red in the left hemisphere is the same as the red
in the right.

This is all described much more completely in a fictional short story.
It basically describes from a first person perspective what this theory
predicts uploading, and escaping from the mortal spiritual walls that
are our skull, could possibly be like.  There is a reference to how to
get to this free short story at the end of the representational camp here:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/23/7

I'd love to here what all of you think about it.  Is that what you think
uploading could be like?  Or do you think it will be different?  If so,
how and why?  What would you want it to be like given what various
theories predict could be possible?...  And if you think this would
absolutely completely remove all normal fears anyone could have about
being 'uploaded', we'd love to have you in this camp here:

http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/48/3

Thanks,

Brent Allsop