[ExI] Re.: celtic woman

ben benboc at lineone.net
Sun Nov 23 14:02:02 UTC 2008

Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> explained:

 >Fwiw, my comment about transhumanists in action at
 >
 >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdxRmcgsKDQ
 >
 >was a shorthand way of pointing to a combination of rapturous song
 >with the swooping, soaring, almost supernatural skating that, for me,
 >emulated dancing in low gravity, or maybe enhanced, powered >H
 >bodies. The actual choreography seems to me fairly banal, even
 >coarsely vulgar, but the sheer physical grace of the man and woman
 >skating seems almost to transcend ordinary human capacities--the
 >apparent *effortlessness* of it.

Oh, I totally agree about the skating.

But I had to watch it with the sound turned down, to avoid the 'disney
affect' (similar to seasickness, but more distressing, because you know
somebody's doing it /on purpose/).

Sorry, but for me it wasn't 'rapturous song', it was more like 'soppy
sentimentality'.  If it had been the theme from GITS SAC, now....
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8q8rBnuULY0

Ben Zaiboc