[ExI] [Bulk] Re: Thoughts on Space based solar power (alternatives)

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:54:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:49 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ever wonder how much energy could be created by having solar
> technology embedded in our sidewalks, driveways, siding, paint,
> rooftops, and windows?

This sounds as scratching the bottom of the barrel, with an enormous
investment with dubious environmental and energetic returns.

My personal bets are on nuclear fusion, space-based solar energy, and
deep geotermy.

I do not see any other energy sources having the potential to allow
for the kind of exponential growth in energy consumption that I wish
for.

Stefano Vaj