[ExI] A Serious Question For USians

Samantha  Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 02:21:54 UTC 2008

On Sep 28, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone on this list sees Sarah Palin as a suitable
> or even good or even perhaps excellent candidate for VP? Or indeed,
> should President McCain become incapable of exercising his duties
> due to disability or death, that she would make your candidate of
> choice for that office (of those currently on offer, of course,
> since that is the choice confronting US voters, I take it, since no
> "third-party" candidates have a show of getting enough votes)?

I see Sarah Palin as a pathetic joke as a VP candidate.  I would not
in the least respect her as a neighbor much less as a VP.   A
candidate that wants to teach creationism, pushes abstinence only sex
education (we see the result of that with her daughter), believes we
are doing "God's Will" in Iraq, believes in censorship and is
apparently quite vindictive when given a bit of political power?  And
this doesn't even touch her near-total lack of national and
international political acumen.  She may be a strong argument  that
the government school system has destroyed the minds of a  large part
of the US population.

Then again Obama choosing the kingpin of the Drug War and strongest
Senate voice in support of the Iraq fiasco who still says it was the
right thing to do to this day is also a very bad and sad joke.  But at
least he is of credible, if evil, standing.

But in wake of US economic meltdown it is hard to really believe the
presidential circus is even light entertainment.  Neither party is
talking about anything real.   This seasonal democratic farce  doesn't
really affect much of anything.

- samantha