[ExI] What can be said to be "wrong", and what is "Truth"?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:00:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Stefano Vaj wrote:
> Also because after all "discovery" and "invention" have exactly this
> meaning, and both ultimately refer in a certain kind of cultural
> framework, which we may tentatively call
> scientific/western/relativist, to what "works", or at least appears to
> work to a growing number of people, to the detriment of possible
> alternate worlds inhabited by a handful of aboriginal shamans or
> Tibetan monk-lords or postmodern scholars.

It is about time alternate worlds inhabited by shamans were
detrimented out of existence.

I watched a travelogue yesterday which showed an Amazon tribal shaman
chanting all night long, trying to save a young boy dying from
malaria. It was sad.

These shamans and their mythical alternate worlds only exist because
proper medical care is not available.
That is the problem that should be fixed.

The same applies to all the New Age kooks as well, spirit-channeling,
faith healing, etc.
See:  <http://www.whatstheharm.net/>

BillK