[ExI] Sudden outbreak of democracy baffles US pundits

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Oct 4 22:35:08 UTC 2008

...On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
	Subject: [ExI] Sudden outbreak of democracy baffles US pundits
	Comment Something very spooky happened in the United States last
week. The chances are you noticed it too, many days before it was reported.

I found most disturbing a comment by our local Senator that her email
traffic was running over 85% against the bailout, but that she planned on
voting in favor anyway.  Of course she went on my long list of those to be
voted out.

Another thing I found disturbing is the attitude on the part of our
"representatives" to not worry about fixing the blame, but rather fix the
problem.  My notion is that without knowing what caused the problem, it is
impossible to know the right solution.

I suspect this bailout solution will solve nothing, for it leaves in place
the root cause: government requirements on banks to give out what they
already know are bad loans.  I find plenty of good explanations in the
internet commentary, but almost nothing in the mainstream press.