[ExI] NBIC - CONTECS Final Report

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Tue Oct 7 15:04:44 UTC 2008

I was just reading "Converging Technologies and Their Impact on the Social
Sciences and Humanities" (CONTECS) report (May 2008) and its views
concerning the US NBIC directives on one hand and the European directives on
the other.

The report claims the US has a reductionist and technodeterministic
approach, while the European approach claims to be transdiciplinary and
concerned with society rather than human enhancement, per se.

There is far more to the report than this observation. But I was wondering
if anyone has read this report and what do you think about it?

Nlogo1.tif  <http://www.natasha.cc/> Natasha Vita-More