[ExI] economic parableRe: Sudden outbreak of democracy baffles US pundits

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 22:54:36 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 10/8/08, hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> Having been here when I have been talking about the space
> based solar
> power project I am sure you can appreciate just how hard it
> is to
> work up interest in producing real value.
>
> I have yet to get someone to go over the numbers.  Or if
> they have,
> they didn't tell me about it.

I did and I agree with your numbers. They are just too big and scary for even charitable billionaires to stomach. The only thing close to that mass that we have successfully put into space is the ISS and everybody hates it. Maybe you could figure out a way to recycle that monstrousity into a powersat.

Stuart LaForge

"See them clamber, these nimble apes!  They clamber over one another, and thus scuffle into the mud and the abyss."- Friedrich Nietzsche