[ExI] Sudden outbreak of democracy baffles US pundits

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 19:35:40 UTC 2008

--- On Tue, 10/7/08, Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hope you are true, but I am personally somewhat concerned
> Romans would
> have said almost the same just before their empire
> collapsed. There are no
> guarantees, whatever the past performances suggest. Modern
> society is by
> no means inherently collapse-proof.

Neither are the stars of heaven. But Rome was not built in a day and did not fall overnight. When it did finally fall, the Romans didn't all up and die, they just became Italians. Roman coin continued to be accepted for centuries. And everything that was Rome got recycled into modern civilization: republics, corporations, legal counsel, etc.

But the U.S. is still a brawny, brash, and impetuous youth in the way of nation-states. All that happened was that we got drunk off of oil, ate some bad food, and started a brawl when we should have been doing our homework. Once the hangover wears-off, we will get our act together, apologize for our rude behavior, and start *creating wealth* again.

If we want the market to go back up, all we need to do let down our guard a little and start buying stock and other things again whilest scrupulously avoiding 'toxic assetts'. I remind you of the words of Franklin Delanore Roosevelt, "All we have to fear is fear itself".

Furthermore we need to get busy taking that dent out of the Manhattan skyline or these guys may rise from the grave and *bitch slap* us all:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Dr.Tanmay.Patil/GreatestPhotographsOfAllTime#5110819199821346482

Stuart LaForge

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
- Solomon