[ExI] more belated singularity mainstream

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Oct 10 23:24:01 UTC 2008

Thanks Damien for posting this.  Good to see your name mentioned in the piece.

Rather than looking at the amazing designs being produced by
industrial designers/artists who are looking toward the future
technologies in designing stylish works which will be used to provide
mind expanding experiences and habitats; journalists often write about
Piccinini's ghastly artistic interpretations of animal/man beings as
some sort of morbid dangerous
encounter.

I like the quality of work to be sure -- it is well executed. But it
is yet another trying example of artists freaking out about
biotechnology, and claiming only those with money will control the
future and the rest will have to deal with the ugly remains of lost
hope.

Ick.

Natasha