[ExI] Sudden outbreak of democracy baffles US pundits

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 18:25:43 UTC 2008

At 10:50 AM 10/13/2008 -0700, Lee wrote:

>Damien  (Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2008 4:21 PM) commented on a
>number of views he'd read, but it wasn't too easy to see what he himself
>was affirming.

Almost every word was quoted comments (marked off in a large chunk
with baffling obscurity with double lines, i.e. ================,
fore and after).

>So the *immediate* cause of the collapse was the existence of all
>the bad loans, which had been forced upon an otherwise very careful
>(and very self-interested) banking community.

Hahahahahaha. As I said at the top of that earlier post mostly of comments:

Really? Is that like "The Devil made Enron do it"?

I'd endorse a careful listen to the interesting radio program Emlyn
recommended last night (365: Another Frightening Show About the Economy):

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1263

Damien Broderick