[ExI] "This American Life" on global credit crisis

PJ Manney pjmanney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:29:50 UTC 2008

Leave it to "This American Life" to get to the heart of the problem in
a way average people can understand.  It's not only great radio,
they're my heroes.  Be sure to listen to both links.  It's a real
lesson in hubris (like we needed another one).

The second podcast, "Another Frightening Show About the Economy",
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=365
is the most eyeopening, on credit default swaps -- something, btw,
most analyses I've seen never even touch on.  This is scarier than the
worst slasher movie ever.  Talk about losing sleep over the endless
greed and stupidity of people...

PJ