[ExI] 65 U.S. Nobel laureates endorse Obama

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 16 20:36:08 UTC 2008

"BillK" <pharos at gmail.com>

> I wonder how many Nobel Laureates McCain could
> get if he was bothered?

Not many. They only asked American Laureates to sign the letter endorsing
Obama, and all had won in only 3 disciplines, Physics, Chemistry or
Medicine. They had one other characteristic, all were still alive. I don't
know the exact number but there can't be a lot more than 65 people in the
world who meet all those criteria. I found that damn impressive.

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com>

> Antonio Egas Moniz would be there in a heartbeat.

Yes, I'll give you that.

 John K Clark