[ExI] Greenpeace on fusion: Whatever it is, we're against it

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 28 05:08:49 UTC 2008

When I was a kid I admired Greenpeace, and with good reason; I mean getting
into a little rubber boat and placing yourself between a huge whale and a
even larger whaling ship full of angry sailors is a ballsy, downright
heroic, thing to do. Unfortunately the organization has degenerated over the
years so now it is just a pitiful parody of its former self.

Solar takes up too much land, geothermal smells bad, dams flood some animal
nobody ever heard of, wind turbines are ugly kill little birdies. As for
nuclear, well, fission or fusion nuclear is nuclear and so inherently evil.
If it can produce energy, if it can help people out of poverty then
Greenpeace is against it. The only moral thing to do is freeze in the dark.

 John K Clark