[ExI] happy birthday robert pirsig

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 01:15:24 UTC 2008

At 05:54 PM 9/7/2008 -0700, Spike wrote:

>Damien Broderick could create a similar artifact
>himself, should he decide to purchase any old creaky Detroit.  Yes I know he
>doesn't drive due to eye problems, but any rust bucket would become
>extremely valuable simply by having his name on the title.

No, my fabled artifact would be a Hieronymus Machine coupled to an
E-Meter mounted on a Dean Drive papered with Zener cards, built from
instructions published in John W. Campbell's ASTOUNDING SCIENCE
FICTION magazine in the 1950s.

(I know you sprightly youngsters couldn't even begin to understand
the fun we kids had back in the day. Keith, maybe.)

Damien Broderick