[ExI] happy birthday robert pirsig

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 8 02:36:36 UTC 2008

At 06:49 PM 9/7/2008 -0700, Keith wrote:

>Re the business of trying to get anything "outside the gates of
>science" published, I wouldn't try.  I would figure out how to use
>it to make a ton of money.

That's what they told Madame Curie. "Don't just talk about it, lady,
and forget the scientific papers--build us a nuclear reactor that
outputs electricity too cheap to meter."

The observed lab effect sizes are small. If the principles underlying
the anomalies are ever elucidated, I'm sure we'll have
industrial-strength Psi Machines (whatever that means) within... oh, 40 years?

Damien Broderick