[ExI] creationism in britain?

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 15 00:00:16 UTC 2008

________________________________

	...On Behalf Of John Grigg

	According to Spike the 7th Day Adventists are actually quite
progressive (in their own conservative way)...	John Grigg

Ja but be careful with that, for it is only in a few specific areas.  If you
need some wacky medical experiment, such as retrieving stem cells from an
embryo cloned for that specific purpose, and having those stem cells
injected directly into your spine for instance, they are the people to see.
They already have a very advanced medical facility in Loma Linda Taxifornia,
and the medical ethics board is a pushover.  The reason goes all the way
back to the origins.  They are open minded on cryonics too.  But in that
same group you will find plenty of young earth creationists.

Regarding Unitarians, I attended a few meetings there when going thru
religious memetic detox back in my 20s.  As far as I could tell, the
Universalist Unitarians didn't actually believe anything.  A refreshing
change, but the entire exercise seemed pointless.  So I eventually chose to
go cold turkey on religion.