[ExI] ESP

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 16:17:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:05 PM, John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Not only that but there are some phenomena where we don't even
> have the foggiest idea that they DO work, not even after well over
> a century's effort.

Why, something that I am not sure it exists, say the proverbial Invisible
Pink Unicorn, I have no need to explain. :-)

The prob is with statistical divergences that resist attempts to make them
predictable and repeatable within an adequate theoretical framework, thus
preventing any real technical "appropriation". The situation was (is?) not
so different with psychological treatments, the occasional success of which
gave place to the effort represented by original NLP.

Besides the fact that NLP delivered much less than promised, we need perhaps
a similar approach with that other "Psy".

Stefano Vaj