[ExI] What Makes People Vote Republican

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Sep 19 05:15:56 UTC 2008

spike wrote:
>  >

>>> But everyone can see, even non-yanks, that the major
>>>
>> parties have put
>>
>>> forth the weakest candidates in memory...Lionel Hutz vs Marge Simpson.
>>>
>> You really think Palin and Obama are on the same plane?:
>>
>> "If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer... Olga
>>

> But that community today isn't brilliantly organized.
>
> I am not denying that Obama is a good guy, but he needs a few years in
> Washington, to get some national level experience, to demonstrate to the
> country that he understands how wealth is created.  It is not done by
> raising taxes on the rich during bad economic times.  That would cause them
> to hold their money, to stop creating wealth and jobs, bad times would get
> worse.  Raise taxes on the rich in good times.

Obama has a few years in Washington and quite a bit at the state level.
Far more than could have been said for many a US president.    So how is
wealth created?  Is it done by having the government spend us into
oblivion with a needless war, blow enough credit and print enough money
to create the largest buble of all time, bail out the investment houses,
mortgage businesses, banks, manufacturers and so on when they fail and
then float forbidding short selling to protect and hedge against failing
investments?  The only trick they have missed is confiscating gold.
Give em time.
> The majors are *all* weak candidates this time.  Let's see how it goes in
> the upcoming debates.  Those should be interesting viewing, ja?

Not unless you have nothing better to do.  Like playing with the cat.   :-)

- samantha