[ExI] What Makes People Vote Republican

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 08:24:31 UTC 2008

This quiz2d is a very interesting. My score:

You desire substantially less government control of personal activity
and somewhat less government control over economic activity than is
presently the case in the U.S. I used to classify this area as part of
"Moderate Libertarian;" but got many objections; I guess calling you a
moderate libertarian is akin to calling a liberal Democrat a moderate
communist.;"
Your views would be best represented by a mix of Libertarian and
Democratic representatives—assuming that it was possible to get a
significant number of Libertarians elected. The Libertarian Party is
still dominated by people far more radical than you though there is an
ongoing effort to make the LP more inclusive and less radical. If you
have the patience and willingness do deal with infighting, you may
want to join this effort. Or, you might find my proposed new party
more to your liking.
Approximately 14% of the takers of this quiz scored in this area.

I always score in this range in political tests. In fact, the general
flavor of the author's "Business plan for a new political party" is
quite compatible with my own position: "But where is the home for
those who want smaller government AND smaller corporations? Where is
the home for those who want to disperse ALL power, not just the power
of the federal government? Where is the home for those who want small
government but still see a place for SOME public property, such as
town squares, public roads and parks?" (emphasis mine).

G.