[ExI] Yet another health care debate

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 14:26:18 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

> It's odd, because I would suppose that a sort of world-wide "diversity",
> i.e., socialized in their own countries, private in the U.S.,  would
> provide
> them the best of both worlds: the private system would have different
> incentives to create health solutions (new research, etc.), while their
> own countries could continue picking up most of the tab for their own
> citizens.

... not to mention the small matter of self-determination and local
sovereignty.

Now, it can be discussed whether in fact US policies correspond to what the
US people actually want or "would" want (e.g., if better informed, more
competent, etc.). But the fact that the US government should by definition
conform to some kind of universal law in this respect sounds really as some
kind of reversed cultural imperialism...

Stefano Vaj